Analytical Method for testing GMOs
PCR (polymerase chain reaction)
1. Identifies genetically-modified organisms in a wide variety of materials and differentiates between different GMO components and quantifies them.
2. Determines if there are GMOs in the materials examined.
3. Determines the relative percentage of genetically-modified food.
4. Identifies animal derived ingredients by differentiating of species on the DNA level and analysis of allergens.
5. Detects proteins and even the smallest traces of allergen.
However, it is time consuming and relatively expensive ( up to $300 per analysis)
Clumsy and less than optimal for screening multiplex PCR products.